Ramadan is the Holy Month for Muslims all over the world. It commemorates the first revelation of the Quran to Prophet Muhammad. This year Ramadan is set to begin on May 6 and last a month. Muslims fast from dawn until sunset, and it is important to fast properly so your body can endure the fast throughout the whole month. Here are some tips to help you guys out!
- Keep Hydrated– So important to drink your water once you break fast. You want to replenish your body for what you lacked the whole day!
- Avoid Junk Food– Just because you didn’t eat all day doesn’t mean you should break your fast with junk food. Try to eat healthy and balanced meals, it will make you feel less tired.
- Exercise– It is important to stay active during your fast. I’m not saying to run a 5K lol but do some light walking or yoga. Keep your body moving, it will be beneficial for you throughout the month.
- Watch the Salt– Try to stay away from the salty food. You will regret it the next day trust me, the thirst will be extremely difficult to overcome.
- Healthy Habits-Fasting can also give you the opportunity to maintain healthier habits. The perfect opportunity to quit smoking or cut back on the caffeine you consume everyday.
The Holy Month of Ramadan is not only a time to fast but it is also a time to reflect. It is also about self-growth and self-control. I look at it as a cleanse for your body, heart, and soul!